Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Conan the Cimmerian (Jason Momoa) becomes Conan the Barbarian when he sets out to avenge a personal slight only to get involved in a fight to stop all of Hyboria from being overrun by forces of evil. This sword swinging, supernatural 3D epic is based on the character created by author Robert E. Howard.
Why Is Conan the Barbarian Rated R?
Conan the Barbarian is rated R for strong bloody violence, some sexuality and nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Conan the Barbarian...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, with blood, gore and details shown.
- Explicit depictions of dismemberment.
- Pervasive and often brutal depictions of fighting, stabbing, decapitation and burning.
- Brief graphic portrayals of torture.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent disturbing scenes and nightmarish images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Frequent breast nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Full frontal nudity seen in a sexual situation.
- Portrayal of sexual activity includes breast and buttock nudity,and some detail.
- Simulated and implied sexual activity.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of scatological slang term.
Extra info about this movie
You can learn more about Robert E. Howard, the man who created Conan the Barbarian here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Howard
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Conan the Barbarian.
Robert E. Howard is known as the father of the sword and sorcery genre. Other movies that feature similar fantasy-adventure tales include The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, 10,000 BC and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Conan the Barbarian...
Conan the Barbarian is coming to home video on November 22, 2011.