Case 39 Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Case 39 rated R? Case 39 is rated R by the MPAA for violence and terror including disturbing images.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and/or prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting, stabbing and torture (some involving children).
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of emotional and psychological suffering and peril to children.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes that may cause an extreme adverse psychological impact.
- Mild sexual references.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing and scatological expressions.
Page last updated July 20, 2016
More parents' guide for Case 39 after the break...
News About "Case 39"
Cast and Crew
Case 39 is directed by Christian Alvart and stars Renee Zellweger, Ian McShane, Jodelle Ferland.
The most recent home video release of Case 39 movie is January 4, 2011. Here are some details…
Case 39 releases to DVD and Blu-ray on January 4, 2011.
Related home video titles:
Another social worker attempts to help an emotionally disturbed child in The Sixth Sense.