Captain Fantastic Parent Guide
Can love be too smothering?
Rating & Content Info
Why is Captain Fantastic rated PG-13? Captain Fantastic is rated PG-13 by the MPAA for language and brief graphic nudity.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Three scenes depicting injury.
- Frequent and detailed references to suicide and mental illness.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons use in a animals hunting context, with blood and detail.
- Some grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Scene of nudity, depicting genitals, in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references in an educational context.
- Infrequent male frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 32 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Captain Fantastic after the break...
News About "Captain Fantastic"
Cast and Crew
Captain Fantastic is directed by Matt Ross and stars Viggo Mortensen, George MacKay, Samantha Isler .
The most recent home video release of Captain Fantastic movie is October 25, 2016. Here are some details…
Captain Fantastic releases to home video (DVD or Blu-ray) on October 25, 2016.
Related home video titles:
Another father home schools his children (but in an urban environment) in Wish I Was Here.