Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When her girlfriend gets engaged, Annie (Kristen Wiig) is asked to be her maid of honor. But corralling the rowdy bunch of bridesmaids and making sure the day is perfect for the bride proves more of a challenge than she bargained for.
Why Is Bridesmaids Rated R?
Bridesmaids is rated R for some strong sexuality, and language throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Bridesmaids...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Sexually suggestive scene.
- Implied sexual activity (some detail, no nudity).
- Brief simulated sexual activity.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions (some detail).
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language, innuendo and references.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations—once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Portrayals of alcohol consumption.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Bridesmaids.
Jane has been a bridesmaid before but now she has been asked to help her sister marry the man Jane’s in love with in 27 Dresses. Tom’s best friend is tying the knot and he has been asked to be her Made of Honor. Years ago, Julianne promised to marry her college boyfriend, but now he is calling to announce his own wedding plans in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
News & Views About Bridesmaids:
Female Cast Takes Over in New Ghostbuster RebootHarrison Ford isn’t the only Hollywood icon being replaced in the remake of a franchise. Director Paul Feig recently announced the new female cast who have signed on for the remake of the 1984 movie Ghostbusters.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Bridesmaids...
Bridesmaids releases to home video on September 20, 2011.