The Boy Next Door Parent Guide
Even cougars can get scratched.
The Boy Next Door
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Boy Next Door rated R? The Boy Next Door is rated R by the MPAA or violence, sexual content/nudity and language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting, stabbing and/or explosion, with blood and some gruesome detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual violence, with no nudity and some detail.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Four sexually suggestive scenes, with two depicting nude breasts and/or buttocks.
- Implied sexual activity, with some detail.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual violence.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions, scatological slang, and crude sexual references.
Page last updated May 18, 2016
News About "The Boy Next Door"
Cast and Crew
The Boy Next Door is directed by Rob Cohen and stars Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Guzman, Kristin Chenoweth.
From the Studio: Shortly after her divorce, a woman falls for handsome younger man who just moved in across the street, though their torrid affair that takes an obsessive, dangerous turn. "Jennifer Lopez leads the cast in The Boy Next Door, a psychological thriller that explores a forbidden attraction that goes much too far. Directed by Rob Cohen (The Fast and the Furious) and written by Barbara Curry, the film also stars Ryan Guzman, John Corbett and Kristin Chenoweth. © Universal
The most recent home video release of The Boy Next Door movie is April 28, 2015. Here are some details…
The Boy Next Door releases to home video on April 28. 2015.