Blood Diamond Parent Guide
What price will you pay?
Rating & Content Info
Why is Blood Diamond rated R? Blood Diamond is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence and language
- Depictions of graphic violence including shootings, beatings, and explosions.
- Portrayals of children being abducted and forced into military service.
- Depictions of injured persons, dismemberment and mutilated corpses.
- Detailed hand-to-hand combat and weapons violence—blood shown. .
- Portrayal of torture and execution
- Disturbing content.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language and sexual references.
- Some embracing and kissing.
- Use of coarse language, terms of deity used as expletives, and racial slurs.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Characters are shown smoking.
- Some substance abuse is depicted.
- Children are drugged.
Page last updated August 3, 2017
More parents' guide for Blood Diamond after the break...
News About "Blood Diamond"
The movie looks at the controversial practice of selling diamonds mined by slave labor. Learn more about this children mining for diamonds.
Cast and Crew
Blood Diamond is directed by and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Djimon Hounsou, Jennifer Connelly.
The most recent home video release of Blood Diamond movie is March 19, 2007. Here are some details…
Blood Diamond release to home video on March 19, 2007.