Blockers Parent Guide
Another approach to teen birth control.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Blockers rated R? Blockers is rated R by the MPAA for crude and sexual content, and language throughout, drug content, teen partying, and some graphic nudity.Violence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Several scenes depicting physical assault and injury.
- Grotesque images.
- Scenes that may frighten children.
- Portrayals of sexual activity, with buttock nudity and some detail.
- Breast, buttock, and male genital nudity in a sexually suggestive context.
- Full frontal nudity.
- Nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Portrayals of crude bodily functions, with some detail.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 200 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, Including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of sexual language and references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Frequent alcohol use.
- Frequent portrayals of marijuana, prescription and illegal substance use in a recreational context, with some detail.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 3, 2018
More parents' guide for Blockers after the break...
News About "Blockers"
Cast and Crew
Blockers is directed by Kay Cannon and stars Kathryn Newton, Leslie Mann, John Cena.
The most recent home video release of Blockers movie is July 3, 2018. Here are some details…
Blocker releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel – The entire cast contributes to these on-set flubs.
- Line-O-Rama – The laughs continue after the take!
- Rescue Mission – Being a parent isn’t easy, as Leslie Mann, Ike Barinholtz, and John Cena make abundantly clear. Hear them and director Kay Cannon discuss parental mistakes and lessons learned. They even top it off with a good old-fashioned car explosion!
-Prom Night – Filmmakers and cast discuss how they achieved the perfect prom look and also share some of their own personal prom stories.
- The History of Sex with Ike Barinholtz – Ike Barinholtz explains the origins of human sexuality and its evolution through time.
- John Cena’s Prom Survival Kit for Parents – John Cena shows off a survival kit filled with items that will help parents survive the most stressful time of year - prom season!
- Chug! Chug! Chug! – The film introduced the world to the concept of “butt chugging.” Hear cast, crew, and butt-chugger John Cena discuss how they handled this standout scene.
- Puke-a-Palooza – One memorable scene involves copious amounts of projectile vomit. See what cast, filmmakers, and crew went through to make sure the puke was as authentic as possible.