Blade Runner Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Blade Runner rated R? Blade Runner is rated R by the MPAA for violence.Violence:
- Frequent a portrayals of graphic violence.
- Infrequent gun, weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detailed wounds.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Portrayal of self-mutilation, with blood and detail.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Some substance abuse.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated September 21, 2017
More parents' guide for Blade Runner after the break...
News About "Blade Runner"
When Blade Runner opened in theaters on June 25, 1982, it was not met with enthusiastic reviews. Costing $30 million dollars to make, and taking in only $26 million at the box office, it was considered a financial failure too.
Despite that lackluster introduction, the film was nominated for two Oscars, Art direction (Lawrence G. Paull, David L. Snyder, with set decoration by Linda DeScenna) and Visual Effects (the visionary Trumbull, Richard Yuricich, David Dryer), although it didn't win either. With the passage of a bit more time, the under-appreciated production managed to acquired a cult following too.
Apparently, director Ridley Scott was never entirely happy with the final theatrical version himself. A Director’s Cut was released in 1992, (but Scott was still not happy), an Expanded International Cut followed, and in 2007 (the movie's 25th anniversary) it released to home video as “the Final Cut”.
The original script was based on a novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Unfortunately, the author never got a chance to weigh in on the movie adaption because he passed away three months before the film opened 1982.
Cast and Crew
Blade Runner is directed by Ridley Scott and stars Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Sean Young.
The most recent home video release of Blade Runner movie is December 18, 2007. Here are some details…Home Video Notes:: Blade Runner (Complete Collector's Edition)
Release Date: December 18th, 2007
Blade Runner releases to home video (Blu-ray) with the following bonus extras:
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut version
- Dangerous Days (documentary)
- Blade Runner (1982 domestic and international versions)
- Blade Runner (1992 Director's Cut3)
- Enhancement Archive," (featurettes, deleted scene, etc.)
- Blade Runner: Workprint Version