Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk Parent Guide
Is it propaganda or moral support?
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk
Rating & Content Info
Why is Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk rated R? Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, some war violence, sexual content, and brief drug use.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, most in a war context, with some blood and detail.
- Several depictions of injury and physical assault.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity with no nudity and some detail.
- Sexual references and language.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 130 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use.
- Tobacco use.
- Substance abuse.
- Infrequent portrayals of al illegal drug use (marijuana) in a recreational context.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
News About "Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk"
From the Studio: Two-time Academy Award® winner Ang Lee brings his extraordinary vision to Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, based on the widely-acclaimed, bestselling novel. The film is told from the point of view of 19-year-old private Billy Lynn (newcomer Joe Alwyn) who, along with his fellow soldiers in Bravo Squad, becomes a hero after a harrowing Iraq battle and is brought home temporarily for a victory tour. Through flashbacks, culminating at the spectacular halftime show of the Thanksgiving Day football game, the film reveals what really happened to the squad - contrasting the realities of the war with America's perceptions. The film also stars Kristen Stewart, Chris Tucker, Garrett Hedlund, with Vin Diesel, and Steve Martin. Lee used new technology, shooting at an ultra-high frame rate for the first time in film history, to create an immersive digital experience helping him dramatize war in a way never seen before. Lee directed and produced the film, from a screenplay by Jean-Christopher Castello. Written by Sony Pictures Entertainment
Cast and Crew
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk is directed by Ang Lee and stars Kristen Stewart, Garrett Hedlund, Vin Diesel.
The most recent home video release of Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk movie is February 14, 2017. Here are some details…
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk releases to home video on February 14, 2017.