The Big Short Parent Guide
Every game has winners and losers.
The Big Short
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Big Short rated R? The Big Short is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive language and some sexuality/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts and buttocks) in sexual contexts.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 150 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated May 12, 2016
News About "The Big Short"
Cast and Crew
The Big Short is directed by Adam McKay and stars Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt.
The Big Short opens in limited theaters on December 11, 2015, and then expands nationwide on December 21, 2015. Note: This movie is based on the book The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine by Michael Lewis, which chronicles some true stories. Learn more about the financial crisis that started in 2007.
The most recent home video release of The Big Short movie is March 15, 2016. Here are some details…
The Big Short releases to home video on March 15, 2016.