Get Our Full Review
Based on the tortured life of mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr., director Ron Howard champions the man who teeters on greatness, falls victim to a mental illness and fights back to accept the Noble Prize in 1994.
Why Is A Beautiful Mind Rated PG-13?
A Beautiful Mind is rated PG-13 for intense thematic material, sexual content and a scene of violence.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to A Beautiful Mind.
John Travolta stars in Phenomenon, a film about a man who acquires amazing intelligence after an unlikely event on his birthday. Jimmy Stewart’s Harvey is the story of man who sees a six-foot-tall bunny, and how his family deals with his imaginary friend.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of A Beautiful Mind...
DVD Release Information:
- Studio: Universal Studios
- Theatrical Release Date: January 4, 2002
- DVD release date: May 28, 2002
- Runtime: 136 minutes
- Production company: Universal Studios
- Package type: Keep Case
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen anamorphic - 2.35:1
- DVD encoding: Region 1
- Available audio tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Available subtitles: Spanish, French
- Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby
- Commentary by director Ron Howard
- Commentary by screenwriter Akiva Goldsman
- Disc 1
- Feature film
- Deleted scenes - with optional director’s commentary
- Disc 2
- A Beautiful Partnership: Ron Howard and Brian Grazer
- Development of the Screenplay
- Meeting John Nash - The Nash Theory of Equilibrium
- “Accepting the Nobel Prize in Economics”
- “The Process of Age Progression”
- Storyboards to final feature comparison
- Creation of special effects
- Scoring the film
- Inside A Beautiful Mind
- Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Supporting Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay
- A Beautiful Mind soundtrack