Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
In Bad Words, Guy Trilby (Jason Bateman) proves to be a bad sport when the 40-year-old exploits a loophole in a contest's rules so he can compete in a children's spelling bee.
Why Is Bad Words Rated R?
Bad Words is rated R for crude and sexual content, language and brief nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Bad Words...
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Two depictions of beating.
- Two sexually suggestive scenes with no nudity and a little detail.
- Breast nudity in a sexual context.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language and references
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, crude vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use in a recreational context, sometimes involving children.
- Tobacco use (smoking).
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Bad Words.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Bad Words...
Bad Words is coming to home video on July 8, 2014.