Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When a group of aspiring archeologist (Ben Feldman, Edwin Hodge, Perdita Weeks) descends into the catacombs beneath the streets of Paris, they hope to uncover secrets of the past. But instead some trick of the supernatural has them reliving their own past secrets.
Why Is As Above, So Below Rated R?
As Above, So Below is rated R for bloody violence/terror, and language throughout.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in As Above, So Below...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating and burning.
- Several frightening scenes depicting supernatural beings.
- Infrequent portrayals of gruesome violence and deaths, with some blood and detail.
- Frequent portrayals of frightening images, with some blood and detail.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
Extra info about this movie
From the Studio:
Miles of twisting catacombs lie beneath the streets of Paris, the eternal home to countless souls. When a team of explorers ventures into the uncharted maze of bones, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead. A journey into madness and terror, As Above, So Below reaches deep into the human psyche to reveal the personal demons that come back to haunt us all. Written by John Erick Dowdle and Drew Dowdle (Quarantine, Devil) and directed by John Erick Dowdle, the psychological thriller is produced by Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, Drew Dowdle and Patrick Aiello. Alex Hedlund serves as the executive producer. —Written by Universal Pictures
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to As Above, So Below.
A group of gypsies make the catacombs of Paris their secret hideout in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Other explorers find adventures in underground chambers in the Indiana Jones Franchise, Sahara and National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of As Above, So Below...
As Above, So Below releases to home video on December 2, 2014.