Anthropoid Parent Guide
Fighting fire with fire.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Anthropoid rated R? Anthropoid is rated R by the MPAA for violence and some disturbing images.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of weapons use,hand-to-hand violence, injury, physical assault and suicide.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Graphic portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Mild sexual innuendo.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Portrayals of smoking and alcohol in a historical context.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Anthropoid after the break...
News About "Anthropoid"
From the Studio: ANTHROPOID is based on the extraordinary true story of Operation Anthropoid, the World War II mission to assassinate SS General Reinhard Heydrich. The Reich's third in command after Hitler and Himmler, Heydrich was the main architect behind the Final Solution and the leader of occupying Nazi forces in Czechoslovakia whose reign of terror prompted self-exiled Czech and Slovak soldiers (Cillian Murphy and Jamie Dornan) to hatch a top-secret mission that would change the face of Europe forever. Written by Bleecker Street
Cast and Crew
Anthropoid is directed by Sean Ellis and stars Jamie Dornan, Cillian Murphy, Brian Caspe.
The most recent home video release of Anthropoid movie is November 1, 2016. Here are some details…
Anthropoid releases to home video (DVD or Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) on November 1, 2016.
Related home video titles:
Another group of men attempt to assassinate WWII leaders, and especially Hitler in Valkyrie.