Amy Parent Guide
The life and times of Amy Winehouse.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Amy rated R? Amy is rated R by the MPAA for language and drug material.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-explicit violence.
- Frequent references to serious medical issues, including self-harm (some detail shown).
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Two instances of sexual language.
- Sexual references.
Approximately 42 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Pervasive, detailed depictions of and references to alcohol and illegal substance abuse, with some disturbing detail.
- Excessive alcohol and substance use.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Amy after the break...
News About "Amy"
Learn more about the life of Amy Winehouse.
Cast and Crew
Amy is directed by Asif Kapadia and stars Yasiin Bey, Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson.
The most recent home video release of Amy movie is December 1, 2015. Here are some details…
Amy releases to home video on December 1, 2015.