Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Creating a fictional tale based on a true story (the 1970 Abscam Scandal), American Hustle follows the sting operation of an FBI agent (Bradley Cooper) and a couple of conscripted con artists (Christian Bale, Amy Adams) to trap mobsters, corrupt business men and crooked politicians.
Why Is American Hustle Rated R?
American Hustle is rated R for pervasive language, some sexual content and brief violence.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in American Hustle...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of gun and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references, language and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts and/or buttocks) in sexual contexts.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, with no nudity and little detail.
- Brief portrayal of breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing.
- Infrequent use of sexual slurs, vulgar language, and sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Scene of drug use involving marijuana.
Extra info about this movie
This movie is loosely based on the Abscam Scandal, an FBI sting operation that eventually lead to the conviction of a United States Senator and several congressmen. The FBI also came under examination because of the entrapment tactics they used to acquire the incriminating evidence.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About American Hustle:
What Movie Ratings Pay Off for Studios?On March 30, Disney announced the movie Frozen had become the top-grossing animation in box office history, topping $1 billion in worldwide sales. Now the snowy tale about two sisters is inching its way up another scale.
Who Gets To Vote for Movie Awards?It’s awards season, the time of year when Hollywood potentates get sore hands and shoulders from all the back patting. What with Golden Globes, Oscars, Critics’ Choice Awards, People’s Choice Awards, etcetera, etcetera… it all gets to be a bit much. And we haven’t even mentioned “guild” ...
Christmas Comes Early With Critics Choice NominationsChristmas is just around the corner but for some in the movie industry the celebrations have already started. This week the Broadcast Film Critics Association (our reviewer Rod Gustafson is a voting member) announced the nominees for this years 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be named ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of American Hustle...
American Hustle releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy) on March 18, 2014.