Check Our Content Info...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) may be smart, but she is not very wise when she falls for the rich and handsome Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan), a man with dark secrets and even darker sexual desires.
Why Is Fifty Shades of Grey Rated R?
Fifty Shades of Grey is rated R for strong sexual content including dialogue, some unusual behavior and graphic nudity, and for language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Fifty Shades of Grey...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence
- Disturbing and offensive scenes.
- Portrayals of sexual activity, most in a context of BDSM (Bondage and Discipline, Sadism and Masochism) with breast and buttock nudity, and some detail.
- Female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometime in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual language and references.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Extra info about this movie
This movie is based on an erotic novel by E.L. James. Parents should be aware that this story (both the book and movie) deals with questionable desirers, including bondage sex.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Fifty Shades of Grey.