Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting and stabbing.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with little blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Breast nudity seen in a non-sexual context, sometimes in a performance context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
Discussion Ideas: Talk About the Movie...
Release Date: 16 May 2014 (Limited)
From the Studio: 1921. In search of a new start and the American dream, Ewa Cybulska and her sister Magda sail to New York from their native Poland. When they reach Ellis Island, doctors discover that Magda is ill, and the two women are separated. Ewa is released onto the mean streets of Manhattan while her sister is quarantined. Alone, with nowhere to turn and desperate to reunite with Magda, she quickly falls prey to Bruno, a charming but wicked man who takes her in and forces her into prostitution. And then one day, Ewa encounters Bruno’s cousin, the debonair magician Orlando. He sweeps Ewa off her feet and quickly becomes her only chance to escape the nightmare in which she finds herself.—Written by Wild Bunch
Home Video Notes
The Immigrant releases to home video on April 7, 2015.