Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Visually explicit portrayals of violence with extreme brutality, extreme bloodletting and extreme tissue damage (injuries/wounds).
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (sometimes involving children or animals), with blood, suffering, and detail.
- Frequent scenes of violence depicting beating, mutilation, burning and impalement.
- Two scenes of explicit violence depicting dismemberment and decapitation.
- Explicit sexual violence/assault in a context of brutality, with nudity and detail shown.
- Theme of sexual violence involving children.
- Disturbing content may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Breast and male and female genital nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Several sexually suggestive scenes with nudity (breasts, buttocks and pubic region).
- Nudity in torture/violent situation.
- Explicit sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of crude bodily functions.
-Frequent, sometimes aggressive use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Explicit substance abuse and portrayals of illegal drug use.
- Three scenes of drug use involving cocaine and opiates.
- Tobacco use.
This movie is a pre-quel to The ABCs of Death.
Home Video Notes
Home Video Notes:The ABCs of Death did not get a theatrical release in the USA (it played in film festivals only). It was released directly to Video-on-Demand on 31 January 2013.