Release Date: 25 January 2013
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: A lengthy list of Hollywood headliners have gotten together to direct and star in this crass comedy featuring just about as many storylines. Perhaps that is why they called it Movie 43.
Involving 12 story lines from 11 directors and 15 writers, this collaborative effort pushes all boundaries even in the gross-out film genre. The trailer alone includes racial jokes, crude name calling, comments about sex and body parts, references to body fluids, female menstruation and the depiction of a father fondling his son’s girlfriend.
Director Peter Farrelly sums up his aspirations about this movie in an interview with Yahoo Movies: “By the way, this thing’s going to get about an 8 on Rotten Tomatoes’ meter. The critics are gonna freak out at this thing, but the college kids, high school kids, 20-somethings, and anybody who smokes weed is gonna flip out.”
Good chance if you’re reading Parent Previews you will want to think twice before sending the kids to this one…
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, dismemberment and explosion.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Detailed offensive scenes.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Frequent crude and detailed portrayals of bodily functions (including a scene of crude content depicting feces).
- Frequent aggressive sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, as well as sexual, ethno-cultural, and developmental slurs.
- Frequent and detailed use of crude, descriptive sexual language, vulgar expressions and references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use (marijuana).
A group of not-so-famous players get together to spoofy Hollywood blockbusters in the Scary Movie Franchise. Many of the stars in this film can be seen in more family friendly fare, like: The Help (Emma Stone), Nim’s Island (Gerard Butler), Real Steel (Hugh Jackman), Shall We Dance (Richard Gere), In Good Company (Dennis Quaid), Flash of Genius (Greg Kinnear), Superman Returns (Kate Bosworth), Galaxy Quest (Justin Long) and The Emperor’s New Groove (voice of Patrick Warburton).
Home Video Notes
Home Video Release Date: 18 June 2013
Movie 43 releases to home video in an Outrageous Edition.