Release Date: 29 August 2012
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: In this gritty look at the bootlegging industry during the Depression era, the Bondurant family (Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Jason Clarke) tries to keep control of their Virginia based moonshine manufacturing business when the local authorities and big-time mobsters decide they want in on the action.
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Portrayals of torture.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, throat-slitting and mutilation.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses.
- Infrequent breast and female frontal nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Partial and full nudity shown in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent cursing.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
Home Video Notes
Lawless/i> releases to home video on November 27, 2012.