Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Use of profanities and slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Substance abuse.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
Discussion Ideas: Talk About the Movie...
NOTE: To Write Love on Her Arms was formerly titled One Day.
More About the Movie:
To Write Love on Her Arms is based on the true story of Reene Yohe.
The story behind this movie inspired To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA), a non-profit movement “dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide”.
From the Studio: Based on the inspiring, true story that started a global movement, TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS debuts on DVD and Digital HD March 3 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Canada. Kat Dennings (“2 Broke Girls”) stars as Renee Yohe, a young woman who battles drugs and depression, which ultimately leads her on a journey to discover the value of friendship. Inspired by Renee’s path to recovery, Jamie Tworkowski (Chad Michael Murray, “One Tree Hill”) shares her story which leads to his founding of the non-profit organization To Write Love on Her Arms. “This is a film about broken people loving broken people,” says Jamie Tworkowski, TWLOHA Founder and Author of the original To Write Love on Her Arms story. “Our hope is that it inspires honest conversations and leads to folks fighting for the friends around them. Our dream is that people might get help and even choose to stay alive as this story continues to be told.” The film also stars Rupert Friend (“Homeland”), Juliana Harkavy (Dolphin Tale), Corbin Bleu (High School Musical) and Mark Saul (“Grey’s Anatomy”). In addition, TO WRITE LOVE ON HER ARMS features incredible music from artists such as Travie McCoy, Paper Route, Rachael Yamagata, Dead Man’s Bones, Corbin Bleu, Between the Trees, Kye Kye, Flint Eastwood, Margolnick, Gatlin Elms, Duologue, Danny Leggett, Civilian, Alex Bennett and Bearcat (featuring Renee Yohe). An accompanying soundtrack album will be released by Madison Gate Records. - Sony Pictures
Home Video Notes
Home Video Notes: To Write Love On Her Arms
Release Date: 3 March 2015
Note: A portion of net proceeds will be donated to the To Write Love on Her Arms Non-Profit Organization.
To Write Love On Her Arms releases to home video (DVD & Digital HD) with the following bonus features:
- Deleted Scenes
- Making of the Movie: From Story to Screen - Filmmakers and cast discuss their experiences making the film, the friendships that were formed on set, and the work that went into adapting Renee Yohe’s story for the screen.
- First Look: Renee Yohe’s Story - The filmmakers and cast discuss the story behind To Write Love on Her Arms.
- Music in the Movie: Amplifying the Story - Discover how the filmmakers incorporated the music into the movie and how the imaginative music sequences were filmed.
- Character Profiles
- On-Set Video Blogs - Featuring interviews with Jamie Tworkowski, Renee Yohe and artists Rachael Yamagata and Travie McCoy