Release Date: 20 December 2013
Because we usuaully only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: It is hard to make a living as a folk singer, and Llewyn Davis (Oscar Isaac) is finding this out first hand as he tries to get work during the winter of 1961 in Greenwich Village.
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of beating.
- Sexual references and language.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of detailed sexual references.
Approximately 95 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, many in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity and cursing.
- Infrequent use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs and alcohol.
- Frequent tobacco use.
- Substance abuse.
Oscar Isaac plays a more saintly character in The Nativity Story. Carey Mulligan (The Great Gatsby), John Goodman (Argo), Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) and Justin Timberlake (Trouble With The Curve) also appear in this movie.
Home Video Notes
Inside Llewyn Davis releases to home video on March 11, 2014.