Release Date: 26 October 2012
Because we only usually review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
In this epic production, the same group of actors (including Tom Hanks, Halle Berry and Jim Broadbent) plays various characters from different times and places. Yet their lives are somehow link together, their hopes and dreams reincarnated from one generation to another. This ambitious script is based on a book by David Mitchell.
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use with blood and some detail shown.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity, shown with breast/buttock nudity and some detail.
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use
- Substance abuse.
Discussion Ideas: Talk About the Movie...
Learn more about novelist David Mitchell here: http://www.thousandautumns.com
Check out the book Cloud Atlas here: http://www.thousandautumns.com/cloud-atlas/
Tom Hanks plays another character that passes through many historically significant moments in Forrest Gump. Halle Berry had a role in the multi-story movie New Years Eve. And Jim Broadbent gets drawn into a parallel universe in Inkheart.
Home Video Notes
Cloud Atlas will release to home video on May 14, 2013, in a Combo Pack: Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet Digital Copy.