Release Date: 1 February 2012
Because we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Content Details: Beyond the Movie Ratings...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and little detail.
- Several scenes of violence depicting beating and shooting.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Scene of sexual content.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, mostly in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and crude sexual references.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs, mild cursing, and profanity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use / smoking.
- Infrequent, detailed portrayals of prescription drug abuse.
These actors have had long careers, usually playing tough guys. But the can also be seen in the movies S1mOne and Ocean’s Thirteen (Al Pacino), Hairspray and Sarah, Plain and Tall (Christopher Walken), and Argo and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause.
Home Video Notes
Stand Up Guys will release to home video on May 21, 2013.