Terms of Service
The gist of what we want you to know...
While we try to publish information that we believe to be accurate and honest representations of the subject matter we are discussing, we cannot stress often enough that it is up to you to determine the suitability of any movie, video, game or any other material we review as it relates to your own use or application you intend to use it for. In other words, we offer no warranty that our reviews and content details are perfectly accurate. If you hear an offensive word in a movie or a squad of axe-wielding naked cheerleaders suddenly appears on the screen and we forgot to mention it, we do sincerely apologize, but we will be held harmless against any legal action you may attempt to take against us.
You agree to use this site at your own risk, recognizing it is the subjective opinions of the authors who have created this work. We encourage you to carefully read our reviews, content lists and other information and then use the Internet and other sources to find additional opinions and information.
As for the opportunities you have to write comments on Parentpreviews.com, please know that we are careful to keep our site appropriate for all ages. That means if you insist on using profanities, we will edit them from your post. If your post is mainly profanities, we may choose not to publish it at all.
We moderate all comments, which means your post will not appear immediately. We will try and clear all new posts a couple of times each day, but it may take up to a day or two if we are sunning ourselves on a tropical beach somewhere.
We encourage you to offer positive and negative criticism of the movies and media we review, and you are welcome to agree or disagree with our reviews as well. However, we will not tolerate personal slander or abusive language. Comments that focus more on personally demeaning the author of the review, rather than criticizing the review itself, will not be published. This is not simply because we dont want our feelings hurt, but because we, as a company, may also be held liable for allowing one of our employees or contract writers to be subjected to slanderous comments.
Finally, the legal mumbo-jumbo below is courtesy of WordPress.com, who have posted their Terms of Service under a Creative Commons Sharealike license. We have adapted their Terms of Service to fit our ToS, and thank them for their generosity in this regard.
Now the legal details...
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by One Voice Communications Ltd., acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your ParentPreviews.com Account. If you create an account on this Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and any of your contributed comments, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your contributed comments. You must not describe or assign keywords to your contributed comments in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and One Voice Communications Ltd. may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause One Voice Communications Ltd. liability. One Voice Communications Ltd. will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a review or blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, Content), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
* if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
* you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
* the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
* the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
* the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
* your contributed comments are not written in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
By submitting Content to One Voice Communications Ltd. for inclusion on your Website, you grant One Voice Communications Ltd. a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting ParentPreviews.com. If you delete Content, One Voice Communications Ltd. will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, One Voice Communications Ltd. has the right (though not the obligation) to, in One Voice Communications Ltd. sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in One Voice Communications Ltd.s reasonable opinion, violates any One Voice Communications Ltd. policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in One Voice Communications Ltd. sole discretion. One Voice Communications Ltd. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Fees and Payment. Optional premium paid services may be made available on the Website in the future. By selecting a premium service you agree to pay One Voice Communications Ltd. the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service (the payment terms for VIP hosting are described below). Payments will be charged on the day you sign up for a premium service and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual period as indicated. Premium service fees are not refundable.
4. (Section 4 is not applicable at this time.)
5. Responsibility of Website Visitors. One Voice Communications Ltd. has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that materials content, use or effects. By operating the Website, One Voice Communications Ltd. does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. One Voice Communications Ltd. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which ParentPreviews.com links, and that link to ParentPreviews.com. One Voice Communications Ltd. does not have any control over those non-ParentPreviews websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-ParentPreviews website or webpage, One Voice Communications Ltd. does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. One Voice Communications Ltd. disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-ParentPreviews websites and webpages.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As One Voice Communications Ltd. asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by ParentPreviews.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify One Voice Communications Ltd. in accordance with One Voice Communications Ltd. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy. One Voice Communications Ltd. will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of One Voice Communications Ltd. or others, One Voice Communications Ltd. may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, One Voice Communications Ltd. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to One Voice Communications Ltd..
8. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from One Voice Communications Ltd. to you any One Voice Communications Ltd. or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with One Voice Communications Ltd.. One Voice Communications Ltd., Parent Previews, ParentPreviews.com, the ParentPreviews.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with ParentPreviews.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of One Voice Communications Ltd. or One Voice Communications Ltd. licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any One Voice Communications Ltd. or third-party trademarks.
9. Changes. One Voice Communications Ltd. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. One Voice Communications Ltd. may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
10. Termination. One Voice Communications Ltd. may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your ParentPreviews.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided as is. One Voice Communications Ltd. and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither One Voice Communications Ltd. nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
12. Limitation of Liability. In no event will One Voice Communications Ltd., or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to One Voice Communications Ltd. under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. One Voice Communications Ltd. shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
14. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless One Voice Communications Ltd., its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between One Voice Communications Ltd. and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of One Voice Communications Ltd., or by the posting by One Voice Communications Ltd. of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the province of Alberta, Canada excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the provincial and federal courts located in Alberta, Canada. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; One Voice Communications Ltd. may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.